Monday, July 27, 2015

Time to get down to buisness

Today was a relaxing day 

I had to get my butt in gear to get moving this morning but once I was up I was ready for an awesome day. But first let me talk about the 5 foods I have loved the most since I have been here: 

1. Paella. this is a traditional Spanish dish and is a staple here in the North of Spain. It includes rice, seafood, and a few peppers and onions. My favorite paella was the one we had at our welcome lunch. It was my first time ever having this dish and it was delicious. Plus the seafood was fresh and there was tons of it! Most times there are muscles, shrimp, octopus, calamari, clams, and I think scallops. It is simply delicious! 
2. Muscles. I don't remember having muscles before coming to Spain but they are delicious! At one of our meals we had a plate full and I swear I must have had half the plate they were so good! They taste so different compared to the other seafood I have had. 
3. Fish and Chips. A pure British staple was this dish. I had it a couple of times while overseas. I think the best time I had it was actually in Belfast Ireland at the Titanic museum! The fish just seemed very fresh and the fries were a different texture then normal.
4.
Gelato. and pretty much every dessert I have come across! I think the only dessert that was weird to me was the frita leche which was the fried milk. I expected it to taste like fried ice cream but it was definitely not that! Gelato is delicious though and they make so many different flavors from it! I really enjoy the white chocolate flavor and the kinder flavors! 

5. Peanut butter and Jelly. This is supposed to be a funny one. I have come to realize just how good these sandwiches are and how a person really can depend on peanut butter. In America we take for granted how easy it is to just make a PB&J. In Spain I purchased a small thing of peanut butter for 4 euros. It's expensive but it was so worth it. Reminded me of home. Plus it is simple to make and easy for on the go!

Okay onto my day! I got up this morning and made my way to class. I realized that I will probably need to purchase just one more train ticket before I head home. Once I made it to school I was able to relax for a few minutes before class. 

In Spanish we had a different teacher. The one we had for the past three weeks was working with another course and therefore we got a new one. I really like her. We went through a lot of different things which was nice in the long run for what we have to learn. We learned more about the present tense and about the weather! It was cool being able to actually form sentences and being able to complete these exercises. Then I had psych. Today we discussed a case study and applied different cross cultural strategies to it. Like always there was a lot of discussion and speculation on certain parts but overall it was an interesting topic for the day. 

Then I came home and decided I really need to nap and took a nap for about an hour and a half. Except when I woke up I thought I had slept through my classes and was frantically getting ready until I looked at my phone and realized it was almost 6 in the evening. . . Oops! I got up and decided  
it was time to do my weekly laundry haul. I also decided it was time to pull the suitcase out and start the endeavor in packing. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Since I am returning home I came to the conclusion that I can actually discard a lot of the stuff I originally had brought with me such as some pants that were ripped, shoes that have become super gross, and all the empty bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I have one side full of souvenirs and the other side is sitting empty as my clothes dry over night. I have come to enjoy line drying my clothes. One of the things I might just have to bring back with me to the states! Then I made some dinner and read my articles for class for tomorrow and now I am going to finish the rest of my homework and read until I get tired again! Tomorrow I am not sure what the day will bring! 



Until then! 


No comments:

Post a Comment