Friday, July 17, 2015

Start of an adventure




So this is a day late but that's because last night was so much fun!

First started my day off with some classes. I had a field trip in Spanish where we went to the university of Barcelona. There we had a guided tour in Spanish around the different buildings. We even went to the roof which was really cool to experience. I feel like I am starting to understand the Spanish a lot better and am able to put it more into use. Then for my psych class we talked a lot about race and racism and then we moved onto talking about our own study abroad experiences while enjoying some drinks at a local restaurant.

Then I came home and relaxed because I was so excited I couldn't nap. Hailie had come in!! YAY! Hailie is a girl I met on the first half of my program and we became great friends. Her and I saw Phantom of the Opera together and got to hang out a lot while in London seeing the various museums together and enjoying free time together with some of the others. She is currently in Oxford on a second program studying some English classes and she wanted to come and spend time somewhere else so she came here! Again, YAY! So I played tour guide as best I could and we started our adventure!

When she arrived we knew we would have to go shopping. In July and I believe December, Spain and a few other countries have huge sales. They can only have sales this time of year so everything is up to almost 80% off. So we got some cute shirts and Hailie got some shorts and we were starving. So we went to the top of the mall. This mall used to be a bull fighting ring and has been transformed into this giant mall. There are shops, restaurants, movie theaters, and more there. After we finished shopping we went upstairs to the top level where it is a 360 view of Barcelona. We had dinner at one of the restaurants on the top and just relaxed as the sun was beginning to set. After dinner we decided it would be a great idea to go and watch the magic fountain show right in placa espana. It was an amazing site. All the different effects plus the water changing color was beautiful. I am so thankful I finally went to go and see this!

Afterwards we left and came back to my place to decide what would happen for the next couple days. We decided on doing Park Guell and Sagrada Familia and we picked times for those and made the reservations. Then she went home and I went to bed!

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment