Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Thunderstorms and relaxation

Well today started out very interestingly!

I woke up to the sound of thunder and then I looked at my window and my curtain was basically out the window. I then saw the beautiful lightning outside my window and realized I still had clothes on the line so I went and got them off and just laid in bed listening to the rain and the thunder. It was so nice to have that.

Then I woke up and it was cooler. It was so nice. Then I made my way to class. I started off with a quiz in Spanish which I felt like I did really well on until I remembered I used the wrong version of the verb. I was kind of angry but I know it is all part of me learning the language. Then we learned a ton of verbs and how to tell time! Which is very important and I feel so much more useful when it comes to being here in Spain. Then I had psychology and we talked about sexual and gender difficulties in the world and how they differ between countries and how every country seems to struggle with this fight for equality. After that my real adventure started!

My friend and I had planned earlier in the week that we would go and get massages at this place on Las Ramblas. It was an adventure going to the place because it was not in a very obvious location. Once we were inside and looking at prices I realized I would feel more comfortable with just getting a pedicure so I got a special one. This included just cleaning of my feet and a foot massage. That had to be the best part. I almost fell asleep while she was doing them! Afterwards me and my friend went walking for a little and found a place for some tapas.

We found this cute little restaurant and we shared some sautéed mushrooms. She also got calamari and I got this thing called frita leche which means fried milk. It was very interesting and honestly I think it is more of an acquired taste as well as getting used to the texture. That was the weirdest part for me was the texture. Then we got ready for our cooking class.

We made our way to meet the group and we made it to the place. It was kind of hidden but very cute. We were assigned different groups. Some people were in charge of cutting veggies, or getting the gazpacho ready. Me and my friend had the role of getting dessert prepared. We made a dessert that was similar to crem brulee. After that we got to relax and eventually eat all that we made! Our first dish was a pizza type thing that had roasted peppers and onions mixed with (a lot of) goat cheese on this really thin flat bread. It was delicious! Then we had our gazpacho. Ours was made with watermelon and beets along with the normal vegetables
 which gave it a sweeter taste and was almost less dense then the original type of gazpacho. Then we had our main course. It was cava chicken. It was chicken in this sauce that had cream, cava champagne, onions, and mushrooms. It was so good and rich. I didn't think there was room in my tummy after all that! But there was for dessert. It was Catalana cream. It was so cool we even got to do our own torching for the topping. It was just an amazing experience to get to cook this meal and then have the ability to eat it. I'm excited to try and make these foods back home and give my friends and family a chance to experience this Spanish food.


Then I came home and got to relax for a little! Its been a great day! Tomorrow I have another field trip and then it is onto my last weekend here.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment