Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Hola Gracia!

Today was a good day!

I started off my morning with my usual walk to the metro. Then I had Spanish! I got my midterm back and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with my grade. I got. . . a. . . 90.8!!! I feel like I am really understanding the concepts and am able to actually apply them to what I am doing out of the classroom. I really like the fact I can do that. Plus I did well on my midterm which makes me feel even more confident! Then I had my psych midterm. It was okay. I was expecting a lot more with the specifics of the class but it was a lot broader which gave me a lot of room to expand while bringing in the concepts I had learned from class. Afterwards we watched a movie called "Crossing Over" which I found really interesting and didn't want to stop watching.

After that I relaxed a little before hoping on the metro and making my way to the neighborhood of Gracia. This area is really cute with some nice shops and boutiques. There are also a lot of plazas which people go and relax there in the night and are able to party with friends or just have a nice set of tapas. We also go to try some delicious gelato from this place where they claim they have the best gelato. I didn't get the chocolate but I did get vanilla and Kinder and I must say it was pretty delicious. After walking a little longer our last stop was to where the barrio house was along with a tour that is almost 100 feet high. This square is where a lot of the castellars perform and practice during festivals. We also learned a lot about the festival that happens in Gracia which is where they take recycled goods from throughout the year and place them between the houses in different themes. In past years they have done dinosaurs, ocean, and castle type themes. It was really cool to learn more of their history and what they are all about especially since I live so close to this area.

Then I took the metro home and got to talk with one of the students from Australia. I learned more about her culture and what is like there. I have also decided I might have to take a trip there someday! Then I made it home and got to relax for a bit before making dinner. It is so nice to just be able to relax knowing that all of my work and midterms are done. Tomorrow I take a cooking class and I have regular class as well!

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment