Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Pondering day

Today was interesting.

Although I did not do much physically I feel as though I did a lot mentally.

It started off with my classes. I learned 5 new verbs in Spanish! Plus I had to put that to the test in our workbook and practicing. I feel like I am starting to get a grip even if it is the second day. Then in psychology we spoke a lot about the difference in culture and race. That made me ponder a lot especially after our Ted talk. It really made me realize that while in the States I became very focused on strictly what was happening only in the states and didn't seem to care about learning about other countries. But now that I am here I want to learn about everywhere else and see how their culture differs from mine. I feel like that is one of the biggest benefits in traveling abroad. Especially on a trip of this caliber.

After class I had a meeting with my mentor and she gave me and the other students some ideas of things to do. I will have to come up with an itinerary for things to do in the coming weeks. Then I wandered through the city a little bit. I got lost and therefore got me exploring a little bit. I may have been anxious to be in a different part of time but it was worth it because I saw things I had no idea even existed. Then I made it home and went out to do some grocery shopping. I am in love with the stores here. I just feel like they have the necessities and nothing more or less. I got what I needed for dinner and came home! I also picked up a small snack knowing how much I love these back in the states and I just could not resist.

Now I am working on some homework and getting ready for tomorrow. I have class and then who knows what this city will offer me this week.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment