Friday, June 12, 2015

Would you like a spot o' tea?

I made it through my first week of classes!

Its really interesting to talk about the different culture's that are surrounding us while we are here in Europe. In America we don't tend to think of other cultures other than our own. But there is so much culture there already to begin with. And of course Shakespeare is just Shakespeare.

I also got my schedule for Barcelona! I found out I will be taking my Spanish class from 9 am to 3:45pm. every day (WOW!). That will be a lot of Spanish and I certainly hope to become proficient.

Also something really cool I get to do while in London is go and see "The Beaux Stratagem". I helped with lights for this show when we did it at Thiel my freshman year. I am anxious to see if I can understand more of it this time. I am very excited!

Then I went to afternoon tea at the Royal Garden Hotel right inside Kensington. It is so close to the palace. One of the girls I went with even thinks she saw the Princess Kate on her way to the tea! But we got there and were handed a menu with about 7 different teas. I have never had tea before so I was slightly nervous. But I got a wild berries tea and I was so shocked at how amazing it was! It was already naturally sweet but with 2 sugar cubes it made it perfect. Then we got served tiny finger sandwiches. Which are the cutest things ever! I was so amazed by just how much flavor could come in such small little pieces of bread and cheese and meat. Then we got the treats. So there was little breads and scones (which were AMAZING) and then some other treats on top. I had a lemon tart and a little roll thing. Plus the scone and a piece of the bread. It was so good. Plus I had like 2 more cups of tea. Then we all just relaxed and had a blast!

Then we ventured back onto the tube and back to the dorm. Tonight is a low key night because tomorrow bright and early I will be going to see the Trouping of the Colors and see the Queen as she goes by on her carriage!

Can't wait! Until then! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment