Friday, June 26, 2015

Last day in England!

Wow! I can't believe the time has finally come for me to pack my bags again and prepare for the last stretch of my journey.

I can't believe that I am going to Spain tomorrow! I just got my housing information for my apartment in Barcelona and I am getting very excited for this chance.

However, that all starts tomorrow today I did get to do to some very cool stuff!

I started off with heading to the Museum of London. There was obviously a lot of history but compared to other museums it was the history of London and how the Romans came and invaded and established some of their history here and then how times continued and different groups of people came in and out of the area. I think my favorite part had to be the Victorian age where everything was so proper I feel like. It also seemed kind of sad and depressed. I also enjoyed learning how the Romans did come through and made London another home for them.

Then I traveled back on the underground and made my way back to the Science Museum. I have to say that this museum had to have been my favorite. I finally had the chance to see the History Of Medicine exhibit that they have there. I think my favorite part was at the beginning where they showed people in the Neolithic age performing a lobotomy and then the part in the science and art of medicine exhibit where they discussed Histology. It reminded me a lot of my first neuroscience class and how we went so in depth with the discussion of how people discovered the different things. There was even some original stuff from Cajal who we spent a large amount of time talking about. I also enjoyed seeing the other psychological tools that have been used over time. I thought it was interesting to think that these items would never be permitted but were used almost every day on patients.

Then I made my way home!

Tonight I have the welcome dinner and I am interested to see how that will go! And tomorrow I leave at 5:20 am on a flight to Spain!

I can't wait!

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment