Friday, June 5, 2015

All the World's a Stage


What a fun day!

We started off with some orientation done by our wonderful CIS Abroad crew! Got to meet our on site people and talk a little bit about what we will get to do in London. Then we went out and had some lunch before reconvening for the show at Shakespeare’s Globe Theater!

Shakespeare’s Globe Theater is a place I believe everyone should have a chance to go to at least once in their lifetime. I had the honor of standing near the stage. It got pretty crazy when the swords were going and all the shouting and spitting was going on. But so worth it. It was as if I was watching a show back during Shakespeare’s time. The standing didn’t even seem to bother me during half the show because of how immersed I was in the show. The show we saw was King John. This show is not one of Shakespeare’s more famous one’s however I think it should be! It had so much angst and sassiness throughout the whole thing. I really enjoyed it and just having the experience of going there made it 10 times better.

Then I went to dinner at this cool noodle place called Wagamama’s which was actually really good. But prior to having this wonderful dinner I was walking out the doors of the theater when I recognized two of the cast members and asked if I could get a picture with them. It was such an amazing moment and one I will never forget for sure!

The second best part of my night had to be the fact I finally got to go grocery shopping! I stopped at the Tesco Express right in the train station and after realizing I need some more stuff went on another adventure to the Asda which is similar to our Wal-Mart back home. Then I made it home and continued my night by doing laundry and finishing some homework.

It was such a long day but one that I will never forget. Tomorrow we get to travel to Westminster Abbey and I can not wait for that experience!

Until Then!




Also, I am looking for some things to do while I am here in London so if you have any suggestions please feel free to comment them below! J

No comments:

Post a Comment