Monday, June 1, 2015

Free day!


Free day!

Today was so much fun! I got to spend a whole day in the city of Edinburgh and I just couldn’t have imagined such a great time!

I started my day out with some yummy breakfast and then made my way to the National Museum of Scotland. It was so cool to see their different exhibits. In particular I really enjoyed seeing one of Darwin’s original “Origin of Species” as well as some Nobel 
 
 
prizes that were won by people of Scotland. I also really enjoyed their space and earth exhibits.

Then I took a stroll through the streets and came upon the Elephant House Café. If you don’t know what this is let me tell you! It is the birthplace of Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling first came up with her inspirations for the first book in that small café and I could feel the magic flowing as I ate lunch and had some coffee. Then I ventured on out and tried to find the cemetery in which J.K. Rowling got the inspiration for many of the names she used. Such as McGonagall, Snape, Sirius Black, and Tom Riddle. I was unsuccessful in finding Sirius and Snape, however after asking some nice people and doing some hard looking me and some friends spotted the grave stones for McGonagall and Thomas Riddle. It was so cool also just to be in the Greyfriars’ graveyard.

Then we walked down to Princess Street and did some shopping and then I rode on home in a taxi back to my hostel!

Not sure what will be going on tonight but tomorrow I head to Liverpool England!

Until Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment