Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Conwy or Conway?

Today was our day in Wales!


As the title of this post suggests we got to experience the Welsh language today on our trip! The spelling for the Welsh is Conwy however, the English version is Conway. The language was so pretty to read however I didn't understand most of it. It is similar to how the Irish translate with the Gaelic in the cities. For example the signs and different posts were written in Gaelic and English. The same thing occurred here in Wales but with Welsh and English.


Our first stop was to the Castle right in Conway, properly named Conwy Castle! It was so pretty. I truly enjoyed being able to walk around and of course walking to the top of one of the towers and seeing the magnificent view from the top. I was able to see some of the different rooms that were still in tact. Such as the king's private area to watch the church service, as well as the actual chapel that is still very well in tact. The castle is considered a ruin however there are very distinct rooms that are still there. It was really pretty and I wish I had the chance to spend more time there.


Afterwards, I went to go and see the smallest house in the UK. That was really cool. I did not go in but I felt pretty tall next to it especially because of how short I am. It was a cute little house. Then we went for lunch and I had the best dessert. It was a toffee sponge pudding thing. It was so good!

Then we walked around for a little and saw the small shops and then got back on the bus. A cool fact I learned while I was on the bus was that there are over 600 castles in Wales. How cool is that?! We passed at least 10 of them on the way back to Liverpool.


Overall it was an awesome day. Can't wait for London!


Until Then! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment