Monday, May 18, 2015

I made it!

Wow! What a crazy day it has been! I have finally arrived in Shannon, Ireland and tomorrow I will be leaving for Galway and Cliffs of Moher tomorrow morning!

So what happened today? Well here is the run down. . .

I flew out of Dulles and traveled to Heathrow, London and then flew to Shannon, Ireland. It was really cool being on the British Airways flight and then transferring to Aer Lingus. Aer Lingus kind of reminded me of Southwest airlines in the states. Customs and security were interesting. I got asked so many questions and got so confused I was afraid that I would mess up! However, I did not and I made it safely through to where I needed to go.


I thought it was really awesome that I got fed on the British Airways flight. They gave us chicken and rice, a salad, a roll, and some cheesecake for dessert. They also gave out wine for the meal as well. Then they also gave us a type of breakfast bar. It was kind of bland but it was a good kick start before I left for Heathrow. Once I got to Heathrow I found my terminal which was crazy to get to with different places to go and changing of everything. My flight was actually delayed due to rain and I was afraid I wasn't even going to make it. However, I did stop and got myself a lovely croissant and an iced vanilla latte. Both were very helpful in sustaining my hunger. Then I finally boarded my plane and flew onto Shannon, Ireland!


Getting to the hotel was really awesome since it was literally right across the street. I made it and met one of the girls I would be traveling with and we went and had lunch. We also had our first ever pints of Guinness. Let me just say that I don't like it as much as I thought I would. But everyone did tell me I probably wouldn't like it so it didn't really surprise me that I didn't. Afterwards I took a nap to get over the jet lag and then we went to dinner and met up with some of the other girls traveling with us. The meal was awesome with a Caesar salad and to end the night some carrot cake.

Overall it was an awesome day! I can't wait to see what the Cliffs of Moher actually look like in person!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment