Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Is this a Harry Potter novel?

Well another day has come to pass and so far it has been a pretty good one at that!

We started off this morning at Kelvingrove Museum. Which consisted of many pieces of art and historical artifacts. I felt like I was reliving my time in my Western Humanities class. For example there were a couple of Rembrandt's as well as a Dali painting that I fell in love with. There were some Ancient Egyptian exhibits as well. And of course one of my favorite parts were all of the Scottish Culture exhibits. Those were all very interesting to me and I enjoyed learning a little bit more about their history. This museum is on the same grounds as the Glasgow University. Which has the towers that were used in some of the Harry Potter films.

Then we traveled to Necropolis and St. Mungo's Cathedral. The Necropolis was so pretty and very old. It was the cemetery attached to St. Mungo's. It is a Victorian Cemetery that has over 3500 grave sites. It was beautiful. And then the Cathedral was just as beautiful! It had such wonderful stained glass windows and the whole church was just amazing. The acoustics were very nice and something I noticed. The coolest part in my opinion was the actual grave of St. Mungo. It was so interesting to see all of the history in this Cathedral. Of course the Harry Potter connection here is the name of the Cathedral which correlates to "St. Mungo's Hospital of Magical Maladies" and this is where Neville Longbottom's parents are located and there are multiple scenes from the book that take place here. I just think it is so cool all of the history and all of the connections that come together.

 Until tomorrow where we go to the Highlands!

No comments:

Post a Comment