Sunday, May 31, 2015

History!


Another traveling day! Not as long as the one before but still pretty long.

Today though we had stops to see Nessie as in then the Loch Ness Monster! She was quite charming actually! And then a stop at Culloden Battlefield where the major battle between the Scots and the Government occurred and that changed the history for the Highlanders. It was a really cool place to visit.

The coolest part in my opinion actually had nothing to do with the battle site itself but rather with the history behind my own family. I remember once my Grandma telling me about our family history. In particular though the name that stood out yesterday was Fraser. I come to find out yesterday that indeed we are a part of the Fraser clan and Simpson which means son of Simon is where our family comes from further. I have fallen in love with my genealogy and I can’t wait to discover more when I return home and ask more questions to my family.

Then we made it to Edinburgh! I have fallen in love with the city! Our hostel is considered a 5 star hostel and I can’t wait to see what this city is like!

Until tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment